Lakeland, Fla. (December 2, 2006) - Travis Robbins (Jr., Dunellon, Fla.) continued his assault on the men’s distance records last week in a tri-meet with Florida Southern College and Principia College. Robbins lowered his own record in the 500-yard freestyle by nine-seconds with a time of 5:31.94. He also took 15-seconds off his own 1000-yard freestyle with a standard of 11:33.94.
The other individual record to fall in the meet was the 100-yard butterfly, as Scott Fink (Fr., Tampa, Fla.) finished in 57.46, eclipsing the previous mark of senior Kane Curtis (Dade City, Fla.) by one second.
The men also lowered the school marks in both the 200 freestyle and 200 medley relay. They won 5 events in their 47-46 dual meet win over Principia College:
- Kyle Gramm (Fr., Naples, Fla.): 50,100 yd Freestyle
- Kane Curtis: 200 yd Freestyle
- Scott Fink: 100 yd Butterfly
- 200 yd Medley relay
Meanwhile, the women won 10 events in their 68-27 win over Principia College. In addition, Kristen Murphy (Fr., Sarasota, Fla.) set a new school mark in the women’s 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:37.00.
The only overall event winners in the Tri – meet with FSC and Principia were:
- Julie Carusone won the 200 Free and 100 Breast setting a national top-10 best time in the 100 Breast at 1:06 73
- Sarah Tatko won the women’s 1000 Freestyle 11:51.37 missing her own school mark by six-seconds.