SAINT LEO, Fla. – Saint Leo sophomore Michael Tinari, scored his first career goal in the 44th minute of the Lions' 2-0 victory over Embry-Riddle Saturday night at University Soccer Field. Teddy Auyoma scored his second goal of the season in the ninth minute for the eventual game-winner.
Saint Leo outshot Embry-Riddle 15-9 where the Lions held a slight edge in corner kicks 6-5. The two teams were tied with 11 fouls apiece.
Final Results: Saint Leo def. Embry-Riddle 2-0
Where: University Soccer Field | Saint Leo, Fla.
Record: SLU 3-6, 1-4 SSC | ERAU 2-4-3
How It Happened
9'| Nine minutes into the game, Brian Werchek carried the ball down the left side of the field crossing to the middle of the box where Teddy Auyoma one touch finished into the lower-90. | SLU 1-0 |
44'| Christopher Puente took a corner kick, where Michael Tinari finished off a ball that bounced around in the box to put the Lions up two. | SLU 2-0 |
Points to Note
- Saint Leo moves to 3-6, 1-4 SSC after shutout victory over Embry-Riddle, 2-0.
- Michael Tinari scored his first career goal in the 44th minute off a Christopher Puente corner kick. Teddy Auyoma tallied his second goal of the season where Brian Werchek added his third assist of the season.
- James White played between the posts to earn his second win of the season, and held off the Eagles for the first shutout of the season for the Lions. White saved all three shots the Eagles had on goal.
For the Opponent – Embry-Riddle
- The Eagles fall to 2-4-3 after the defeat in Saint Leo.
- Keeper Richard Dearle picked up his fourth loss of the season, holding a 2-4-3 record in goal for the Eagles. Dearle tallied three saves in the 90 minutes played on five Saint Leo shots on goal.
Saint Leo heads to Tampa on Wednesday, Oct. 19 for a 7 p.m. kick.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Saint Leo men's soccer team, visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.