National College Athlete
National College Athlete Honor Society is the first national
scholar-athlete society to honor collegiate student athletes who
have excelled in both the classroom and in athletic competition.
Chi Alpha Sigma recognizes college student who received a varsity
letter in their sport while earning a 3.50 or high cumulative GPA
after five full time semesters of enrollment.
- To encourage reward high academic achievement of college
- To encourage good citizenship, moral character, and friendship
among the high academic achievers in college athletics.
- To recognize and honor the individual athlete, his/her team,
sport, athletic department, and college or university.
- Enhances and recognizes the academic accomplishments of
- To mentor and provide leadership to other athletes.
- Must have achieved 3.50 cumulative GPA by the end of their
5th fulltime semester.
- Must have participated in a varsity intercollegiate sport.
- Must have official documentation from the registrar’s
office as to class standing and grade point average.
- After complete one year of residency and attaining a 3.50 or
higher grade point average, a transfer student is eligible at the
certifying institution for membership.
Once the selection criteria are met, the student-athlete must
have a self-nomination and nomination by their coach or a member of
the athletic department administrative staff
- Someone who demonstrates leadership within the program and
- Exceptional citizenship and leadership involvement.
- Outstanding academic record.
- Superior athletic accomplishments and potential.
- Someone who shows discipline and determination.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Athlete who shows positive attitude.
- Exhibits commitment to service to others.
- Exhibits commitment to the Saint Leo University Core
- A description of the selection procedures and criteria shall be
published and made available to all student-athletes in college or
university’s athletic department.
- The Chapter Advisor will identify candidates after fall term in
complete and distribute to the coaches by February
- Coaches will complete the nomination form and give the
student-athlete their section to complete. Student-Athletes will
commit to a group community service project as a part of their
self-nomination as well as how they will commit to upholding the
core values of the institution and the standards of the Honor
- Nomination form from all coaches and student-athletes is due by
- Once both forms are returned to the Chapter Advisor, the final
list of inductees will be distributed.
- A luncheon will be provided to induct the nominees during
Academic Excellence week.
- Inducted members will receive a medallion at the luncheon and
recognition in the Academic Excellence ceremony program.
- Inducted members who are graduation in that academic year will
receive and honor rope at the Athletic Banquet that can be worn at
- Vicki Fredrickson – Chapter Advisor
- Maribeth Durst
- Phil Hatlem
- Carol Walker
- Rich Bryan
- Jen Garcia
- Member of the SAAC: Liz Casey