Feb 15, 2016
at Palm Beach Atlantic | 5:30 pm
- The Saint Leo women’s basketball team heads to Palm Beach Atlantic after an exciting win on Saturday evening. The Lions, who are now 5-18, topped Embry-Riddle, 59-56 on a last second buzzer beater from freshman Izabell Skoogh. Alysia Johnson produced a career night, scoring a career high points, 14, and grabbing career high rebounds, 12, it led to her first double-double. Mary Redmond added 25 points, for just her second 20+ point game of her career.
- Chelsy Springs leads the Lions offensively this season, averaging 17.3 points per game, and 8.1 rebounds. Both those numbers are good to lead the Sunshine State Conference.
- The Lions are averaging 36.3 rebound per game this season, which is fifth in the SSC.
- PBA is 11-12 on the season, and currently on a two-game win streak after taking down Tampa and Lynn.
- The Sailfish are led by three players averaging double figures. Janelle Cannon leads the way with 16.9 points and 8.6 rebounds. Hannah Grim follows with 13 points, and Ayanna Holmes adds 12.4 and 8.1 rebounds.
- The Saint Leo men’s basketball team heads to West Palm Beach for a mid-week matchup with Palm Beach Atlantic at 7:30 PM. The Lions enter the game at 15-9 overall as the Sailfish are 12-11 on the season.
- Saint Leo heads into the game after dropping their last game 96-56 loss at Embry-Riddle behind Tyreece Brice’s 15 points. Ryan Burnett chipped in 11 points and team high 7 rebounds as Lawrence Watt and Marcus Dewberry scored 7 points apiece.
- As a team, the Lions are second in the league in three point field goal percentage defense allowing just .337-percent shooting to their opposition. Saint Leo averages 83.8 points per game while giving up 84.7 ppg. The Lions shoot .446-percent from the field and .376-percent from deep.
- Saint Leo is led by Marcus Dewberry who average 19.2 points per game followed by Caleb Stewart at 14.8 ppg and Tyreece Brice at 14.7 ppg.
- Palm Beach Atlantic enters at 12-11 after a loss at Tampa 81-67 on Saturday. The Sailfish were led by Malek Barber with 16 points while Shavanno Cooper added 13 and Michael Simpson at 10.
- As a team, the Sailfish shoot .443-percent from the field and average 79.3 points per game. PBA shots .349-percent from beyond the arc as a team. Palm Beach Atlantic is led by Bakari Warthen who averages 17.1 points per game and Michael Simpson who averages 10.6 ppg.