Dec 31, 2015
- Saint Leo is looking to open up the New Year on a new foot, looking to forget the five-game losing streak they are currently on, most recently falling to Adelphi University, 75-45, on Wednesday.
- Mary Redmond recorded 10 points for her fourth double-digit game of the year against Adelphi and was the lone Lion in double figures. This was the first time Redmond led the Lions in scoring this season. It was also her fourth game with three-plus three-point baskets.
- Over the last three game Saint Leo has seen improved play from Alysia Johnson. On the season, Johnson is averaging just 2.9 points and 4.5 rebounds. However, in the last three outings, the lanky forward has improved to 5.3 points per game, a team-best 7.3 rebounds per game, adding a team-high 10 total steals and five total blocks.
- In home games this season, the Lions are out-rebounding their opponents 41.4-38.4 boards per game.
- Palm Beach Atlantic comes into the match-up with a 3-8 record, and are on a two-game losing streak. However, the Sailfish have been on holiday break hiatus since Dec. 17 when they fell 64-56 to #24 Benedict.
- The Sailfish are led by Hannah Grim, who is averaging 13.3 points per game, while grabbing 3.6 rebounds and snatching a team-best 19 steals on the season. Nina Krstic follows with 12.2 points and grabs 7.0 boards per game.
- Saint Leo heads into Saturday's showdown with PBA on a two-game losing streak after their holiday trip to Saint Louis, Mo., and the Maryville Classic. However, when at home, the Lions are 7-2.
- Since a switch in the Lions line-up has seen Tyreece Brice come off the bench, the 5-foot-10 guard had improved his scoring, increasing from 11.6 points per game to 14.8 over the last four games. He also has drastically improved his three-point shooting. In the first nine game as a starter, he hit just 29.4-percent of the shots he took from deep. As a first reserve, he had jumped to 54.5-percent from three.
- Marcus Dewberry, the Lions leading scorer at 17.7 points, is now just 13 points from passing the 600-point mark for his career. He has already scored 230 points this season, just 35 less than his entire season total for 2014-15.
- While the Lions rely on their main scorers in Dewberry, Brice, and Caleb Stewart (14.6 points per game), Saint Leo has seen six different student-athletes lead them in scoring. Stewart leads the way, having been the leading scorer in five game, Brice follows at three games, and Dewberry at two. Ryan Burnett, Austin Pickett, and Carter Belling have each registered one game as the leading scorer.
- Heading into the Saturday match-up, Saint Leo has a 12-4 record over PBA since the 2005-06 season, and a 7-1 record at home. The lone home loss to the Sailfish came last season when the Lions fell 60-43.
- The Sailfish are 0-3 on the road this season, but are currently on a two-game winning streak.
- PBA is lead by Bakari Warthen, who averages 18.6 points per game and 5.6 rebounds. Derick Yepes follows with 11.9 point, while dishing out a team-best 53 assists, and swiping a team-high 25 steals.