The Lions host Florida Southern in basketball doubleheader and "Black Out the Bowman" night. Fans are encouraged to wear black apparel. The first 50 fans in attendance at both games, donned in black apparel, will receive a coupon for six free wings at Beef O' Brady's.
- The Lions are coming off of a 74-46 win over Warner University. Saint Leo saw both Chachi Guzman and Chelsy Springs score 16 points apiece, and Springs added 11 boards. The Lions also got 12 points off the bench from Mary Redmond.
- Springs leads the Lions in points and rebounds so far this season, averaging 21.4 points and 10.4 rebounds.
- Saint Leo is averaging 73.2 points per game, while allowing 67.2.
- Florida Southern is 7-0 to open the season, including posting a 2-0 record over Paine and Clark Atlanta, two teams Saint Leo also faced. The Mocs are also 2-0 in SSC play, posting wins over Barry and Lynn.
- Florida Southern posts a fairly tall roster, listing no individual shorter than 5-foot-7, and adding two 6-foot forwards. Using their height, the Mocs are out-rebounding their opponents by 5.7 boards per game, and add almost two blocks a game as well.
- The Mocs have five individuals all averaging double-digit points led by Sydni Payne, who is averaging 14.6 points on 55.2-percent shooting.
- Last season, Saint Leo went 0-2 versus the Mocs, dropping the match-up at home in a tight battle, 81-80. When the Lions traveled to FSC, the Mocs defended their home court with a 70-50 win.
- Saint Leo men’s basketball returns to the Sunshine State Conference loop for its next three games, starting with Wednesday night’s clash with NCAA Division II defending national champion Florida Southern. The Moccasins have won four of the last five meetings with the Lions, but Saint Leo is 5-5 against Florida Southern since the start of the 2011-12 season. The Green and Gold’s last win over the Mocs was February 19, 2014, when Saint Leo hung a 76-73 overtime defeat on Florida Southern at the Jenkins Field House.
- The Lions are coming off a 76-63 loss at the hands of Clayton State, Sunday afternoon at the Bowman Center. Saint Leo was held to a season-low .292 FG%, in a game that was the Lions’ fourth in a nine-day span over Thanksgiving week. Caleb Stewart paced the Lions with 10 points, while Tyreece Brice grabbed seven rebounds.
- Stewart (16.7 ppg) and Marcus Dewberry (16.6 ppg) are ranked seventh and eighth respectively in the SSC in scoring, while Stewart is 11th in the conference in rebounding with 6.6 per game. As a team, the Lions are fifth in the league in scoring (84.6 ppg) and are taking on a Florida Southern squad that averages 91.0 ppg (2nd in the SSC).
- After dropping its first two games of the season, Florida Southern is riding a four-game winning streak coming into Wednesday’s game at the Bowman Center. The Mocs posted an 88-80 overtime win over USC-Aiken in their most recent outing on Sunday, led by Dominique Williams and Dylan Travis with 26 points each. Travis is averaging 23.5 ppg and is not afraid to shoot; he has hit .438 FG% of his 105 field goal attempts this season, including a 12-of-34 mark from three-point range. He is a 77.1 percent (37-of-48) free throw shooter, and earned U.S. Basketball Writers Association D-II National Player of the Week honors on November 24 after wins over Barry and Lynn.