Nov 20, 2015
- Saint Leo took a 3-1 (19-25, 25-21, 25-14, 25-20) win the last time these two team faced back in October. Hope Lemon went off for 18 kills, adding nine digs and four blocks. Britt Sederholm followed with 16 kills and 15 digs.
- Lemon is leading the way offensively with 3.10 kills per game, while Anna Siruckova follows with 2.91.
- Ashlee Hodgskin is dishing out 10.81 assists per set.
- Embry-Riddle is averaging 12.5 kills per set as a team, adding 2.0 blocks per set.
- Evelina Abdurakhmanova leads the way with 4.46 kills per set.
- Saint Leo will look to rebound off a 68-51 SSC opening loss at Eckerd on Wednesday. The Lions are now 1-2 on the season.
- Junior Chelsy Springs leads the team in both points (21.3) and rebounds (10.7).
- Over the first three games, Saint Leo is shooting 41.4-percent from the field, while averaging 70 points per game.
- Nova comes into the match up with a 3-0 record, topping Lynn 67-58 in their SSC opener.
- The Sharks have three players averaging double figures. Taylor Buie leads with 16.7 points per game, Monaye Merritt follows with 15.7, and Kayla Wright follows with 10.7. Ida Krogh leads the Sharks in rebounding with 7.3 boards per game
- Saint Leo men’s basketball makes its Sunshine State Conference home opener on Saturday when it hosts Nova Southeastern University on Saturday at the Marion Bowman Activities Center.
- The Lions are coming of an 80-68 loss at Eckerd to open SSC play on Wednesday, falling to 2-1 overall. Junior Marcus Dewberry paced the Green and Gold with 22 points on 8-of-18 shooting from the floor, while Lawrence Watt (12 pts.) and Tyreece Brice (10 pts.) both cracked double figures. Saint Leo was held to 36.4 percent (24-of-66) shooting from the floor, while the Tritons fired at a 46.6 percent clip. Eckerd also controlled the boards, 45 to 29.
- Dewberry and Brice are the only two Lions who have scored in double digits in all three games, with Dewberry currently leading the offense with 21.3 ppg. He is shooting .426 from the field, and is 11-of-24 from beyond the arc. Caleb Stewart is averaging 17.3 ppg, while Brice is chipping in with 13.0 ppg. Both Dewberry and Brice are averaging 3.7 assists per game.
- Nova Southeastern enters the game with a 2-0 mark, coming off an 88-84 SSC victory over Lynn on Wednesday night, following the Sharks’ 84-80 win at home against St. Thomas (Fla.) on Monday. Saturday’s matchup with Saint Leo will be the Sharks’ first road game of the season. Chris Page leads NSU with 22.5 ppg while shooting .560 from the floor, with Harrison Goodrick contributing 12.0 ppg while hauling down a team-best 9.0 rpg. Casey Carroll is averaging 10.5 ppg through two games, while BJ Edwards is averaging 5.0 assists per contest.
- Saturday’s game versus Rollins will be Senior Night honoring Ashlee Hodgskin, Jillian Stolzenburg, and Anna Siruckova.
- The last time Saint Leo and Rollins matched-up, the Tars got the better hand, taking the match 3-0 (25-16, 25-22, 25-23). Stolzenburg was the lone Lion in double figures for kills, putting way 11 on a clip of .409. Rollins hit a clip of .231 as a team in that game, while holding the Lions to .164.
- Rollins is led by Bri Civiero who is averaging 3.02 kills per set, while also averaging 2.79 digs per set.
- Saint Leo is averaging 13.18 kills per set, on a clip of .229 as a team. They are also scooping up 16.58 digs per set, led by libero Jamee Townsend. Townsend is averaging 4.98 digs per set.