Jan 11, 2016
- Saint Leo returns to action, hosting Embry-Riddle on Wednesday in non-conference action. Embry-Riddle is a future member of the Sunshine State Conference.
- Saint Leo is coming off of a 79-42 loss to Rollins on Saturday, however Chelsy Springs led the way with 14 points and eight rebounds, while Mary Redmond followed with 10 points.
- Redmond has now hit three or more three point field goals in the last four games, and seven games this season.
- Springs continues to lead the conference in points (17.2) and rebounds (8.5). She has scored in the double figures in 13 of the 15 games this season, with 10 of those performance leading the team in scoring. She has also led the team in rebounding nine times.
- Embry-Riddle is led offensively by Sabrina Whiting who is averaging 15.3 points per game. Mercedes Jorge follows at 9.5 points per game, and grabs a team-best 7.5 rebounds per game.
- ERAU is currently on an eight-game losing streak, with their last win coming over Puerto Rico Mayaguez back on Nov. 11.
- Saint Leo heads into a showdown with the 10-3 Embry-Riddle Eagles on Wednesday evening, and the Lions are looking to continue their hot-streak, and turn three wins in a row, into four.
- Saint Leo took down Rollins on Saturday evening in thrilling fashion as junior Marcus Dewberry hit the game-winning lay-up as the buzzer sounded, giving the Lions the win, 77-75. Caleb Stewart led the Lions in scoring dropping 30 points for the first time in his career.
- This marked back-to-back games that the Lions had 30-plus point scorers as Dewberry put up a career-best 34 in a 99-94 win at Florida Tech.
- Dewberry averaged 24 points over the last two games, connecting on nine of 17 from deep, and connected 56.3-percent from the field on his way to his second Sunshine State Conference Offensive Player of the Week honor of the season. Dewberry ranks 33rd in the nation in total points scored on the season, as he has now surpassed 300 points and sits at 305. He also ranks 23rd in the nation in total assists at 74.
- Embry-Riddle comes into the game with six players averaging double figures. Ognjen Miljkovic leads with 17 points and grabs a team-high 7.5 rebounds. Reed Riddler follows with 15.5 points, and Dalton Barnes adds 14.7 points. Dillon Graham and Daniel Kiesling add 12.5 and 11.2, respectively, while Joseph Gonzalez adds 11.1 off the bench.
- ERAU is averaging 40.6-percent from deep, connecting on 11.15 per game.