Feb 03, 2015
Wednesday, February 4
Women's Basketball at Florida Tech - 5:30 p.m.
- Saint Leo women’s basketball is fresh off a victory over Barry University, Saturday. The Lions took the contest by a 59-54 final tally as Kinnara Lewis paved the way behind 21 points. The senior added three rebounds and an assist.
- Lewis was lights-out from beyond the arc, draining a perfect 5-for-5 and shooting 7-for-9 overall.
- Senior Melissa Jackson provided 13 points to compliment Lewis, while also grabbing nine boards. The forward owns a 10.5 rebound per game average, a SSC-best mark while ranking fourth in conference in points per game (14.6).
- Florida Tech is fresh off a crucial SSC win over Eckerd College, as the conference’s top team battle the Tritons to a 72-65 win. The leading scorer in the SSC, Kayk Wilson, posted 17 points in the outing to keep the Panthers at the top of the SSC.
- Wilson averages 19.7 points per game this season and anchors FIT’s torrid offense. Jasmire Brown provides the dual threat with 13.9 points per game.
- In the last meeting between the two squads, FIT edged Saint Leo in overtime, taking the contest 80-78. The Lions’ Jackson dominated in the paint, scoring 26 points and grabbing a career-high 18 rebounds.
Men's Basketball at Florida Tech - 7:30 p.m.
- The men’s basketball team fell to No. 4 Barry 78-58 on Saturday. Senior Devin Crisosto scored a career-high 21 points while fellow senior Cale Girten netted 15 points. Guard Marcus Dewberry provided 11 points off the bench as the Lions were unable to complete the upset over the top-5 team.
- Crisosto’s points per game increased to 10.2 after the strong performance. Forward Ron Foxx leads the team with 15.4 points per game and is 21 shy of scoring 1000 on his career.
- The Lions lead the nation in free-throw percentage, converting 79.9% of trips to the line. The team is eleventh in scoring defense, limiting opponents to 62.1 points per game.
- The Panthers fell 60-57 on the road against Eckerd this past weekend. Chris Carter totaled 20 points as the game’s leading-scorer while Corbin Jackson spun a double-double with 16 points and 13 rebounds.
- The tandem each average 14.4 points per game to lead the Panthers while Jackson adds 10.3 boards per contest.
- Saint Leo took the last meeting earlier in the season by a 69-64 final tally. Girten charted 21 points while Foxx and Edmunds Dukulis each added double-digits to the score, netting 15 and 10 points, respectively. Foxx turned a double-double by grabbing 10 rebounds in the win.