Friday, December 19
Men's Basketball vs. Limestone – 4 p.m.
- The men’s basketball team enters the contest after taking a lopsided 85-59 win over Miles College on Wednesday evening. Senior Ron Foxx posted a career-high in points, scoring 23 points and spinning his first double-double of the season combining his scoring attack with 11 rebounds.
- Junior Edmunds Dukulis contributed his own career-high of 22 points while grabbing seven boards in the win. Senior Cale Girten netted 13 points and dished out six assists in the win.
- The Lions outrebounded the Golden Bears 41 to 24 and dominated the paint with 52 points. Saint Leo’s largest lead was 31 points to improve to 6-4 on the season.
- The Saints dropped a 69-57 decision to North Georgia on Dec. 13th. Shaq Dance scored over half of the total points for his team, totaling 29. The only other player to reach double-digits was Justin Crowder who reached 10.
- Limestone’s leading scorer is redshirt sophomore Dance, who is averaging 21.5 through eight contests. The redshirt sophomore has nine blocks to lead the team.
- The meeting represents the first between the two teams in men’s basketball.
Saturday, December 20
Women's Basketball vs. Benedict (Lynn Tournament) – 12 p.m.
- The women’s basketball dropped its last contest 74-65 against the University of the Sciences on Tuesday evening in the Marion Bowman Activities Center. The Lions dominated the paint, doubling the Devils from within the three-point line, 28 to 14 however USciences took its offense beyond the arc to score 14 buckets from three-point territory.
- Senior Melissa Jackson corralled 27 points in the contest, picking up six rebounds in the process. Junior Monique Bunk barely missed a triple-double, scoring 18 points, nine assists and eight rebounds in the loss. Bunk played all 40 minutes of the contest.
- Benedict took a 67-60 win over Arkansas Tech on December 14th. London Richardson led the attack, scoring 21 points to lead the team. The senior notched three steals and doled out two assists.
- The Lions will face off against the Tigers for the first time in program history in the Saturday, South Region showdown.
Men's Basketball vs. Evangel – 6 p.m.
- Forward Foxx leads the men’s program in points per game with 15.6 which is also sixth in the Sunshine State Conference. The senior is shooting 44% from the field and a staggering 84% from the free throw line.
- Saint Leo leads the conference in scoring defense, allowing 59.2 points per game while also allowing the fewest opponent rebounds, limiting foes to 30.1 on average. The Lions also lead the SSC at the charity stripe with 79% accuracy.
- Evangel dropped its last contest to College of the Ozarks by an 89-79 margin. Senior Korry Tillery has been the main offensive weapon for the Crusaders, averaging 15.9 points per game through seven contests. The forward averages 8.6 boards on the season, another team-lead.
- Saint Leo and Evangel have not faced each other in competition, as the meeting will be the first meeting of the two teams.
Sunday, December 21
Women's Basketball vs. Johnson C. Smith (Lynn Tournament) – 12 p.m.
- Forward Jackson is second in the SSC in points per game with 16. The Lyon, France native is first in rebounds, averaging 9.4 per game and 1.8 blocks per game, another top-mark in conference. The senior has posted double-digit points in each game this season as an integral part of the Lions’ offense.
- Saint Leo guard Bunk leads the SSC in assists per game with 5.4 and is fifth in assist/turnover ratio with 1.5. The junior is scoring 9.2 points per game.
- The Golden Bulls took a lopsided 82-51 win over Johnson and Wales University on Tuesday, Dec. 16th. Alishia Mosley led the charge, scoring 20 of the team’s points and grabbing nine rebounds. Amena Brent contributed 14 points and nine boards to her credit in the win.
- Johnson C. Smith is led by Anika Jones as the junior manages 12.3 points per game. LaKendra Wilkerson follows with 11.2 while averaging 10.4 boards per contest.
- Saint Leo will play the Golden Bulls for the first time in women’s basketball program history for the Sunday contest.
For the latest news, updates, and information on Saint Leo Athletics, visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.