Jan 09, 2015
Saturday, January 10
Women's Basketball at No. 10 Rollins - 2:00 p.m.
- Women's hoops will meet tenth-ranked Rollins after dropping a Wednesday night contest to Florida Southern College. FSC took the 81-80 heartbreaker over the hosting Lions despite a strong outing from Chachi Guzman. The junior scored 25 points and added seven assists and six rebounds.
- Senior Kinnara Lewis totaled 13 points in the contest while fellow senior Melissa Jackson grabbed 12 rebounds for the team lead.
- Jackson has been a stalwart at the post, averaging 15.2 points and 10.9 rebounds through 12 contests this season. The forward ranks first in the Sunshine State Conference in rebounds per game and third in points per game.
- Guzman has been perfect in 17 trips to the charity stripe. The guard has 99 total points this season with 12 scores from beyond the arc.
- Rollins College enters the matchup off of a convincing 65-46 victory over Barry University. The Tars relied on the offensive efforts of Ashley Losch and Emmalee Schill, as the duo scored 14 and 12 points, respectively. Forward Sarah Taylor picked up seven rebounds while scoring eight points for RC.
- Forward Schill leads the Tars in scoring with 12.6 points per game while also managing 6.4 rebounds per matchup. Fellow forward Losch averages 11 ppg with a team-best 7.1 boards.
- The two teams split the 2013-14 series, as the Lions defeated the Tars 66-57 in their last trip to the Alfond Sports Center.
Men's Basketball at Rollins - 4:00 p.m.
- Saint Leo heads into the matchup having been narrowly defeated by No. 7 Florida Southern College, Wednesday night. A trio of Lions led the scoring charge as Devin Crisosto totaled 13 points. Forwards Edmunds Dukulis and Ron Foxx each contributed 12 points in the 71-66 loss to one of the nation’s top-offenses in FSC.
- The Green and Gold defense was put to the test, as the Mocs entered the contest with one of Division II’s top scorers, Kevin Capers. The Lions proved up to the challenge as Saint Leo solved Capers, limiting the guard to a meager six points, 16 points below his season average.
- Saint Leo’s leading scorer Foxx is ranked fourth in the SSC in points per game with 15.6 and is ninth in rebounds with a 6.1 average.
- Guard Marcus Dewberry has kept the offensive tempo to the tune of 4.2 assists per game, good for fourth in the conference. The sophomore has 134 points through 13 contests this season.
- Rollins is coming off a loss to another ranked foe in No. 8 Barry University. The Tars dropped a 73-64 decision to the Buccaneers, Wednesday despite a career-high 23 points from senior Chris Uhle. Rollins led 36-27 at halftime before Barry pulled away in the second stanza.
- The scoring tandem of Alex Blessig and Uhle pace the Rollins attack, averaging 11.6 and 10.4 points per game, respectively. Uhle manages a team-leading 4.6 boards per contest while Blessig has 51 assists through 13 games.
- The Tars took both meetings of the 2013-14 season, the most recent by a slim 61-59 margin. Foxx posted 14 points and eight rebounds in the contest while shooting an even 50% and a perfect 4-for-4 from the free throw line.