Sep 13, 2016
Women's Soccer Notes
- The Lions open up Sunshine State Conference play on Wednesday against Eckerd at University Soccer Field.
- Saint Leo enters the match after going 2-0 on the weekend defeating West Alabama, 2-1, and Christian Brothers, 3-1.
- Arielle Kabangu has led the Lions in every game with a first half goal. She has a total of three goals on the season and will look to add to her tally in the midweek game.
- Over the weekend, Genevieve Gignac, Rakeisha Sealey and Selena Jaimes all entered the scoring ranks, joining Kabangu and Katie Waddell.
- Natalie Melillo heads into conference play with three assists on the season.
- The Lions rank 49th in the nation in scoring offense at 2.33 per game.
Men's Soccer Notes
- The No. 10 Lions open up Sunshine State Conference play on Wednesday at Eckerd at 7 p.m.
- Saint Leo enters after their first game of the year went in favor of an upset. The Lions upset then No. 9 Young Harris 3-2 in the second game of the Saint Leo Invitational.
- Marcelo Casas, Bafou Sanogo and Matthias Katerna each scored for the Lions and will look to add to their season total Wednesday night.
- Casas got things started off on Sept. 3 when he entered the match and found the back of the net minutes later. The Mountain Lions defense made a slow pass across the 18 and Casas swiped it before burying it in the back of the net for the lead.
- Sanogo pushed the Lions ahead 2-0 with a goal in the 47th minute with a left-footed strike bending around the keeper. Katerna brought the Lions to a 3-1 lead with a goal in the 55th minute off a cross from Brandon Rivera.
- The Lions as an offense ranks 16th in the nation with an average of 3.0 goals per game.