Nov 11, 2016
Volleyball at Lynn - 7 p.m.
de Hoernle Sports & Cultural Center | Boca Raton, Fla.
Video | Live Stats
Volleyball at Barry - 4 p.m.
Health and Sports Center | Miami Shores, Fla.
Video | Live Stats
- The Saint Leo volleyball team hits the road this weekend to take on Lynn University on Friday night at 7 p.m., and Barry University on Saturday at 4 p.m. The Lions are currently first in the Sunshine State Conference with a 10-2 record in league play. Lynn has jumped to fourth with an 8-5 record, while Barry falls in at sixth with a 6-6 record.
- The last time the Lions faced Lynn, Saint Leo got the better hand with a 3-1 win. It was a battle of willpower with plenty of extra points being played, as the set scores were as follows; 25-22, 29-27, 25-27, 29-27. Freshman Victoria Omoregie and Britt Sederholm led the way for the Lions that day. Omoregie led the way with 15 kills on a clip of .393 for Saint Leo, a season high for the freshman out of Tampa. She also added four blocks to her stat line. Sederholm dropped a double-double as she put down 14 kills and added 12 digs. She also added three blocks on the day.
- The Lions will face Barry for the first time this season as their first match-up was rescheduled to Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. due to Hurricane Matthew.
- Saint Leo is currently averaging 13.13 kills per set as a team and 16.80 digs per set.
- Hope Lemon leads with 3.48 kills per set, while Britt Sederholm adds 2.36, and Victoria Omoregie adds 2.03. Defensively, Jamee Townsend scoops up 5.26 digs per set, while Sederholm tags on 2.49.
- Lynn is 17-9 on the season, and are coming off wins over Florida Southern and Eckerd last weekend. As a team, they average 13.56 kills per set, while tallying 15.36 digs per set. Cleuza Porto leads with 3.65 kills per set, while Lydia West adds 3.14 on .312 hitting out of the middle.
- Barry is currently 14-11 on the season, and most recently dropped back-to-back five-set losses to Florida Southern and Tampa, and will face Tampa again on Friday night. They are averaging 12.4 kills per set and scooping up 15.8 digs per set. Jaeda Allen average 3.41 kills per set, while the next closest is Kristina Filimonova at 1.92.