Track at Pepsi Florida Relays
Percy Beard Track | Gainsville, Fla.
Track at Pepsi Florida Relays
Percy Beard Track | Gainsville, Fla.
Tennis at Palm Beach Atlantic - 1 p.m.
Mitch Gornto Tennis Center | West Palm Beach, Fla.
- The Saint Leo Track team is heading to the Pepsi Florida Relays at the Unversity of Florida on Thursday and Friday.
- On Thursday evening, Laura Tobin, Alyssa Bayliff, and Maria Fernandez will be running in the women's 5000M race which is projected to start around 9 p.m. Following that race will be the men's 5000M race in which Anthony Deleva will be running.
- On Friday, Niclas Bez will be competing in the men's 800M run. That race is projected to start around 2:40 p.m.
- Deleva is coming off a third-place finish at the Sheraton Spring Break Invitational hosted by North Florida, where he ran a time of 32:58.46 in the 10K race.
- The Saint Leo women's lacrosse team hits the road to take on No. 7 Limestone on Thursday evening, and Young Harris on Saturday afternoon.
- The Lions are coming off a loss to No. 5 Florida Southern in conference play, and are looking to bounce back.
- Saint Leo is averaging 12.30 goals per game this season while allowing just 11.30.
- Senior Caroline Fraser is leading the team in points this season with 28. She has scored 15 goals while having dished out 13 assists. Katherine Larson has scored a team-high 17 goals.
- Rebecca Halley has made 58 saves so far this season and has a 57.1-save percentage.
- No. 7 Limestone enters with a 9-1 record, and are riding a four-game winning streak. The Saints are averaging 15.20 goals per game, while only giving up 6.40 per game to their opponents.
- The Saints are led by Carleigh Davis who has 52 points on the season with 29 goals and 23 assists. Shannon Sisk follows with 48 points on 14 goals and 34 assists, while Jaylen Schulte has 43 points on 36 goals and seven assists.
- Young Harris is 6-6 on the season but has won its last two games. The Mountain Lions are averaging 13.67 goals per game while giving up 11.50 per game.
- Kendra Parenteau leads YHC with 54 points on the season, adding 35 goals and 19 assists. Sarah Bialecki has added 41 points with 21 goals and 20 assists, while Nicole Kernohan has added 40 points with 33 goals and seven assists.
- The Saint Leo Baseball team heads into a three-game series with Sunshine State Conference provisional member Embry-Riddle on Friday at 6 p.m., and Saturday with a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m.
- The Lions are 14-14 on the season and are 5-4 on the road. They have a team batting average of .326 while having an on-base percentage of .394.
- Senior Alex Mata is currently tied atop the Saint Leo career record boards with Trevor Hall (1999-02) with 61 doubles. He needs just one more to break the record and take hold of the top. Mata has filed 13 of those doubles in his senior season which is good for 11th in the nation. Mata is also the current NCAA DII Active Career Leader for doubles with his 61. He is fifth in at bats with 689, fourth in hits with 240 and fifth in total bases with 355.
- Mata is currently 18th in the nation in runs batted in with 37.
- Junior Dylan Harris has 57 hits on the season and has a .485 on-base percentage. He also has 11 stolen bases. Harris’ 57 hits lead all of DII. He also ranks 11th in the nation in doubles with 13.
- Embry-Riddle enters with a 10-20 record on the season, and are 7-9 at home. The Eagles are coming off a 1-2 series at Tampa. Their win over the Spartans was the first over at top-ranked opponent since 2011.
- No. 5 Saint Leo (28-7, 9-3 SSC) returns home after two weeks on the road when they welcome in the Barry Buccaneers (15-17, 8-7 SSC).
- The Lions swept their last Sunshine State Conference series, 3-0, at Florida Southern with game scores of 4-1, 10-2 (6 inns.), and 8-1. Saint Leo saw freshman Kacie Kelly earn SSC Player of the Week honors after an impressive performance at the plate. Kelly finished the series 11-of-13 from the dish for a .846 batting clip. Kelly also recorded a 1.154-slugging percentage and a .846-on base percentage. She scored four runs and drove in six RBI while she hit two doubles and a triple.
- Stephanie Adkins (15-3, 2 SV), who competed for SSC Pitcher of the Week accolades, pitched 12.1 innings to finish with a 2-0 record. Adkins recorded ten strikeouts and allowed ten hits with just two runs over her two games. She held opponents to a .217 batting average.
- Alison Mitts (7-3) also picked up a win on the weekend after pitching the six-inning complete game allowing just two runs on seven hits and fanning four batters. Sara Neuman came in relief in game three for Adkins where she pitched 1.2 innings and recorded one strikeout while allowing just one hit.
- On the year, Kelly regained the top spot in batting average with a .432 season average with 51 hits in 118 at-bats. Kelly is tied with Rachael Heath for the team lead in runs scored (27), as she is third in RBI (23) and team leader in doubles (8).
- On the mound for the Lions, Adkins leads the team with a 1.02 ERA in 109.2 innings of work. Adkins has pitched 11 complete games with two saves while allowing 74 hits. The SSC leader in strikeouts (120) she averages 7.66 strikeouts per seven innings. Neuman is second on the team in ERA with a 1.56 and a 5-0 record in 40.1 innings of work. Neuman has allowed just 32 hits and nine earned runs. Mitts stands with a 1.87 ERA in 86 innings pitched with 55 strikeouts.
- Barry comes into the contest after going 2-1 against then-no. 17 Tampa in their series. The Buccaneers won game one 4-1 before falling to the Spartans 4-3, 5-4 in the final two games. Barry used a three-run home run by Jasmine Harris to take game one in the bottom of the sixth before two tightly contested games.
- On the year, Cheyanne Head leads the team with a .387 batting average with 41 hits in 106 at-bats. Head has scored 22 runs on the year where Jasmine Harris leads in RBI with 27.
- On the mound for the Bucs, Geneva Santos leads in ERA (2.71) where Christie Falcon has worked the o with 104.1 innings pitched. Falcon owns a 3.35 ERA with a 5-9 record allowing 50 earned runs on the season. Anieliese Palmeiro is 4-2 with a 3.64 ERA as Lynsey Duncan is 2-3 with a 7.60 ERA.
- The Saint Leo Tennis heads to Palm Beach Atlantic on Saturday for a 1 P.M.
- The Saint Leo women's team is coming off a 5-4 win over Tampa in a comeback effort after being down 2-1 in doubles. The women are now 6-5 on the season and 2-3 in SSC play.
- The men's team bounced back from a 9-0 loss to No. 2 Barry to take down Rollins, 5-4. They are now 8-3 overall and 3-1 in SSC Play.
- Palm Beach Atlantic enters with an 11-4 record on the men's side and the women are 10-8.
- The Saint Leo men’s lacrosse team heads to Winter Park to take on Rollins College at 4 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
- Saint Leo is 8-2 on the season, but 0-1 in Sunshine State Conference play.
- The Lions are scoring 16.80 goals per game while giving up 8.4 per game to their foes. The Lions have scored 168 goals on the season while adding 90 assists.
- Both junior Jake Gilmour and Kyle Pauwels have surpassed the 50 point mark this season. Gilmour leads with 53 points on 25 goals and 28 assists, while Pauwels has a team-best 42 goals and has added eight assists.
- Junior Jake Bye has caused 18 turnovers this season while grabbing 20 ground balls, while Ethan Ticehurst has added 11 caused turnovers and 17 ground balls.
- On the face-off, junior Mitch Wilson has won 104 in his 153 attempts, while grabbing a team-high 65 ground balls, while freshman Austin DiPietro has won 68 of his 117 attempts with 32 ground balls.
- Rollins enters the game with a 5-5 record, and are 0-1 in Sunshine State Conference play. Rollins fell to Tampa, 18-11, in their SSC opener. The Tars are averaging 10.10 goals per game while giving up 10.20.
- Greg Taicher has a team-high 35 points this season with 23 goals and 12 assists, while Justin Diamond has 23 goals and three assists.