Women's tennis at Rollins - 3:30 p.m.
Tiedtke Tennis Courts | Winter Park, Fla.
Women's Tennis Notes
- The No. 4 Saint Leo women’s tennis team takes on Rollins College on Wednesday in Winter Park, Fla., at 3:30 p.m. Saint Leo is currently 2-3 on the season, and 1-2 in the SSC. Rollins enters at 3-3, 1-1 in the SSC.
- Rollins is currently ranked at No. 38 in the ITA rankings.
- Saint Leo is coming off a 9-0 loss to No. 6 Barry. The Lions were unable to snag a single set win.
- The Lions two wins this season are over Eckerd and St. Thomas (NAIA), and their three losses have come to No. 15 Nova Southeastern, No. 1 Armstrong State, and No. 6 Barry.
Women's Lacrosse Notes
- Saint Leo women’s lacrosse host Wilmington University on Wednesday afternoon in their home opener at 4:00 p.m.
- The Lions went 1-1 in their first two games of the season, taking down Newberry, 21-2, and falling to No. 7 Queens (N.C.), 14-8, over the weekend.
- In the game at Newberry, senior Caroline Fraser broke the Saint Leo single-game record for points by tallying nine in the game. She scored four goals and tacked on five assists for the record.
- Fraser is leading the team in points with nine, while freshman Lexie Walstad has added seven points, with five goals and two assists. Katherine Larson has tallied five goals on the season while winning seven draw controls and grabbing four ground balls.
- Freshman Delaney Chrisco picked up the first SSC weekly honor this season, snagging SSC Defensive Player of the Week for her five ground balls, two caused turnovers, and her goal against Newberry.
- Wilmington (Del.) comes into the matchup with a 1-1 record as well, with a win at Keiser, and a loss to Shippensburg. Shawna Chopko and Gabby Spalt lead with five points apiece, while Megan Card and Lashay Ross each have four points.