Dec 12, 2016
Men's Basketball Notes
- The Lions enter Tuesday’s contest at Clayton State with a 4-5, 1-2 SSC record following an 83-67 setback to Eckerd on Sat., Dec. 10 in St. Petersburg.
- Saint Leo was led by Necdet Gurkan who scored 20 points for the Lions where Justin Satchell finished just behind him with 19 points and nine rebounds. Marcus Dewberry recorded game-high seven assists on the evening.
- On the year, four players average double-figures led by Marcus Dewberry with 19.8 ppg. Justin Satchell is second on the team in scoring and averages 16.2, where Tyreece Brice is third on the team with 13.0. Gurkan rounds out the double-figure scorers with 11.1 ppg.
- Satchell leads the team in rebounding per game with 7.0 with Gurkan right behind him with 5.2 rpg. Dewberry and Brice lead the team in assist per game with 4.8 and 4.0 apg, respectively.
- As a team, the Lions average 86.0 points per game while holding their opponents to slightly less at 85.4 ppg.
- Clayton State enters the game with a 4-3 record after a 101-76 win over Allen on Dec. 5.
- On the year, the Lakers are led by Dantez Bennamon who averages 15.3 points per game. Jaumonee Byrd and Nathan Powell are second on the team with averages of 13.1 points per game while Byrd hauls in 6.9 rebounds per game. Bennamon and Powell each average 4.0 assists per game on the year. Alfonso Davis is fourth on the team in scoring with a 12.1 points-per-game average.
- As a team, the Lakers average 83.00 points per game while holding opponents to 80.00 ppg.