SAINT LEO, Fla. – The Saint Leo University Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is seeking new nominations for the upcoming Class of 2017.
The nomination deadline is November 15, 2016. All nominations should be made online at www.SaintLeoLions.com.
The induction dinner and ceremonies for the Saint Leo Athletic Hall of Fame's Class of 2017 will be held on Thursday, March 30, 2017, in the Marion Bowman Activities Center.
Nominations are accepted in the categories of Athlete or Coach/Administrator.
To be eligible for Athlete consideration, the nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Earned at least two letters in one sport, or one letter in each of two-or-more sports;
- Attended Saint Leo a minimum of two years;
- Must have departed Saint Leo in good standing;
- The nominee's entering class must be five years removed from graduation on the date of induction (so for this induction cycle, nominees should have entered Saint Leo no later than Fall 2007 and are (or would have been) members of the Class of 2011 or earlier);
- The record of the nominee must be so outstanding that there is no question as to qualifying for the Athletic Hall of Fame. Criteria used by the committee include post-season honors, team captaincy, record-setting performances, and/or outstanding performer on a team(s).
To be eligible for Coach/Administrator consideration, the nominee must have lettered at Saint Leo or have served at Saint Leo for no less than eight years.
Any person may nominate an individual for consideration by the Athletic Hall of Fame Committee. Once a person is nominated, he or she will be considered each year for induction with no further nominations required.
Questions about the Saint Leo Athletic Hall of Fame, or to find out if an individual is already nominated, please contact Pete Lefresne, Saint Leo Assistant Athletics Director for Communications, by email at email@example.com.
For the latest news, updates, and information on Saint Leo Athletics, be sure to visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.