Welcome to Saint Leo University...
We are looking forward to hosting you, and we hope the following information will assist you with your visit to our campus. If you have any questions, please contact Lions' Athletics at (352) 588-7878.
This guide is meant to assist visiting teams, fans, and parents in attending and participating in intercollegiate athletics events at Saint Leo. For specific gameday questions, contact Kimberlee Yaeger at (352) 588-7878.
This guide is also subject to change without notice, and is up-to-date as of December 2011.
How to Get to Saint Leo...
Traveling North or South
Take I-75 to exit #285. Head EAST on Highway 52 for about 4 miles. Saint Leo University will be on your left.
Traveling from Orlando
Take I-4 WEST and Exit 32 in Lakeland. Travel NORTH on Hwy 98 until it merges with Hwy. 301 in Dade City. Turn right onto Hwy 301 and at the first light, Clinton Avenue, turn left. The road ends into Prospect Street and turn right. At the light, turn left onto Hwy 52. Saint Leo University will be on your right. Average drive time from Orlando is 1 ½ hours.
Traveling from Tampa International Airport (TIA)
Drive NORTH on I-275 through Tampa. I-275 NORTH will merge with I-75 NORTH. Once on I-75 NORTH, follow the above directions, “Traveling North or South.” Average drive time from TIA is 45 minutes
Starting at the main entrance to the Saint Leo Campus (Palm Blvd) you will proceed onto campus, making a right at the roundabout. Proceed down East Way and into the Marion Bowman Activities Center main lot (Lot #1, between buildings #24 and #34).
Please observe all posted speed limits while on campus.
Team Parking for events at the Marion Bowman Activites Center (Basketball/Volleyball)...
VANS: Should there be no available spaces in Lot #1, parking is available in the Marion Bowman Activities Center overflow lot (Lot #7). If Lot #7 is filled, overflow parking is available in the Marion Bowman Activities Center main lot (Lot #1) but should be considered secondary. A third option is the new parking lot adjacent to the SLU Tennis Center (circle #39). The lot can be accessed by heading north past parking lots #7, 5 and 11 and making a right after Thomas B. Southard Stadium (#37).
BUSES: Parking for all buses will be in the new parking lot adjacent to the SLU Tennis Center (circle #2). The lot can be accessed by heading north past parking lots #7, 5 and 11 and making a right after Thomas B. Southard Stadium (#37).
Events at University Softball Stadium, New University Field (Soccer/Lacrosse), Saint Leo Tennis Complex and Thomas B. Southard Stadium (Baseball)...
VANS and BUSES: Parking for all baseball, softball, tennis, and 2012 men's and women's lacrosse should occur in the new parking lot adjacent to the SLU Tennis Center (circle #39). The lot can be accessed by heading north past parking lots #7, 5 and 11 and making a right after Thomas B. Southard Stadium (#37).
Anyone with a valid SLU ID is admitted to any regular season contest FREE OF CHARGE.
No advance tickets. All ticket purchases can be made the day of the event.
NCAA Tournament ticket prices are not determined by Saint Leo University.
*Ticket Prices for ALL Regular Season Events.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Athletic Training and Sports Medicine...
Services and Supplies:
- Ice, ice bags, and water
- Hydrocollator, Ultrasound, Whirlpools, Electrotherapy, and Interferential Therapy available within request.
- Taping area will be provided. If a team is traveling WITHOUT a Certified Athletic Trainer, please notify at least 24 hours in advance. Please provide tape and other supplies if not traveling with an ATC. Please visit www.SaintLeoLions.com for additional forms and policies. No treatments will be administered UNLESS the student-athlete arrives with written request detailing the type or amount of treatment to be given.
Athletic Training Room Service:
- The athletic training facility at Saint Leo offers the use of hot packs, ice, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, warm and cold whirlpools and a taping area. A Saint Leo University certified athletic trainer will be present on-site throughout your entire visit as a host and liaison to any other event staff including our team physicians. A physician will be on-call or present for most events.
- Water, cups, biohazard supplies and ice with bags will be provided at the visitor’s sideline for each contest. Water and cups will also be provided in the visitor’s locker room for men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, men’s and women’s basketball and lacrosse. Upon need, emergency equipment such as an AED, crutches, splints, spine board, cervical collars, etc… will be provided.
Visiting Teams Traveling Without an ATC:
- If your team is traveling without a certified athletic trainer, please notify us 24 hours in advance. No treatments will be administered UNLESS the student-athletes arrive with written request detailing the type or amount of treatment to be given A letter from a certified athletic trainer is required for ultrasound and electrical stimulation treatments to be performed on visiting student-athletes. Also, the Saint Leo University athletic training staff will assist your team with taping and wrapping needs provided that teams provide their own supplies. Please feel free to reach and member of the SLU Athletic Training Staff with any questions or to make special arrangements.
Locker Room Policy...
- Locker rooms will be made available for visiting teams no more that two hours prior to the start of an event. Due to locker room refurbishing, locker rooms MAY NOT be secure at all times. It is encouraged to bring all valuables to the respective venue once teams have changed. The door will be marked with a match/game protocol. Towels are not provided by Saint Leo University. We do not provide shower towels, but arrangements can be made through a Saint Leo University coach for your respective sport.
Saint Leo Health Care Providers:
- Team Orthopedist: Dr. David Leffers
- Primary Physician & Osteopath: Dr.Charles Nofsinger - 813.396.9422
- Team Chiropractor: Dr. Scott Paton - 813.949.7740
- Team Dentist: Dr. Richard DeMarsh - 813.269.9466
- Pasco Regional Medical Center (Dade City) - 352.521.1100
- Florida Hospital (Zephyrhills) - 813.788.0411
- University Community Hospital (Tampa) - 813.971.6000
Game Notes and programs will be distributed to visiting sports information directors and media before each game. For basketball, running play-by-play and a half time box will be distributed to coaches, SID’s and media. Completed statistics will be provided at the conclusion of each contest. If a SID or a representative will not accompany team, we request a 48 hour notice of post-game media requests. All other requests can be relayed through the Athletic Communications office.
- Visiting Sports Information Directors and all other media are encouraged to call at least 24 hours in advance to request credentials. Please direct your media to do the same.
Radio and Internet Broadcasts
- Full wireless network access is available inside the Bowman Center, University Softball Stadium and Thomas B. Southard Baseball Stadium for any and all broadcast needs. There is NO phone line broadcast connection at Saint Leo.
- Special requests for credentials or broadcast services should be made by calling Athletic Communications Director, Evan Ortiz at 352-588-8506. Requests should be made at least 24 hours prior to the start of an event.
- Saint Leo Sports Information brings you live statistics for all home games. Fans will be able to view live in-game statistics for the following sports: Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Volleyball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Baseball, Softball and Men's and Women's Lacrosse.
- All interviews with Saint Leo players and coaches should be scheduled through the Athletic Communications office. The best time to arrange interviews is in the afternoon on weekdays (when not interfering with athletes' class schedules). Interviews at the conclusion of all home events will be held after a brief NCAA-prescribed cooling off period.
Saint Leo Sports Scores Services
- Up-to-date scores can be sent directly to fans' email, cell phone or both by signing up for Presto Scores. Presto Scores is a one-of-a-kind fan messaging services that allows Lions' fans to receive scores and news as they happen. Click the phone logo button on the bottom sticky bar on the front page of SaintLeoLions.com to sign up today. In addition, fans can follow the Lions through Facebook (facebook.com/saintleolions) and Twitter (twitter.com/saintleolions).
Marion Bowman Activities Center | Men's and Women's Basketball, Volleyball | Capacity: 1,500 | #34 on campus map
Thomas B. Southard Stadium | Baseball | Capacity: 1,200 | #37 on campus map
University Soccer Field | Men's and Women's Soccer, Lacrosse | Capacity: 1,000 | #26 on campus map
The Bowman Pool | Men's and Women's Swimming | Capacity: 150 | #35 on campus map
University Softball Field | Softball | Capacity: 650 | #28 on campus map
Saint Leo Tennis Center | Men's and Women's Tennis | Capacity: 200 | #39 on campus map
New NCAA Lacrosse Game Field - Men's and Women's Lacrosse | Capacity: | # on the campus map
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn Express and Suites, and Wingate by Wyndham | For more information call 813.355.0700.
- Address: 5703 Oakley Blvd., Wesley Chapel, Fla., 33547 | Phone: 813.973.166
- Address: 36801 21st, Dade City, Fla., 33574 | Phone: 352.523.1099 | Hours: Sun.-Thurs., 11 a.m.-11 p.m. | Fri.-Sat., 11 a.m.-1 a.m.
- Address: 14136 7th St., Dade City, Fla., 33525 | Phone: 352.567.4136 | Hours: Sun., Noon-10 p.m. | Mon.-Thurs., 11 a.m.-10 p.m. | Fri.-Sat. 11:30 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Address: 28422 SR 54, Wesley Chapel, Fla. | Phone: 813.994.6444 | Hours: Mon.-Sun., 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Address: 13135 US Highway 301, Dade City, Fla., 33525 | Phone: 352.567.5585 | Hours: Sun.-Thurs., 10:30 a.m. -10 p.m. | Fri.-Sat. 10:30 a.m.- 1 a.m.
The Saint Leo University STAFF DIRECTORY can be found here. Other vital Saint Leo Athletics information can be found at SaintLeoLions.com